PTA Activities & Programs
Join Us! – Parents are encouraged to attend the PTA’s general and board meetings. Morse PTA’s board meets at 7:00 PM on the second Monday of each month during the school year. Meetings last approximately one hour. For more information, email PTA President Jake Pon.
- Box Tops – The school receives money for each “box top” collected.
- Carnival – This is a great opportunity for everyone to come together and just have fun.
- Disaster Preparation – The PTA supports the maintenance of proper supplies needed in the event of emergency or disaster.
- Family Nights – A family event that includes entertainment, parent information, or curriculum focus such as reading, math, or science and technology nights, as well as bingo or a movie.
- Fundraisers – These include our Fall Fundraiser and our Jog-A-Thon. Proceeds from these events benefit the many student programs, incentives, assemblies, field trips, library, supplies, and technology.
- Holiday Gift Giving – This is a chance for us to give back to our community by collecting food and distributing it to the needy.
- Loved Ones’ Day – Parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and other loved ones come to the school and enjoy a few hours of fun activities and reading with students. This event happens in conjunction with Read Across America and Dr. Seuss’s birthday.
- Outdoor Education – Sixth graders attend the Orange County Department of Education Outdoor Science School.
- PTA Monthly Board Meetings – These meetings are open to anyone interested in attending and getting involved. They are held on the second Monday of every month at 7:00 PM.
- PTA Membership – Membership offers the opportunity to support or be part of a network of people who believe in the promotion of parent and public involvement in schools and communities. We strive for 100% participation.
- Red Ribbon Week – This week is part of a nationwide celebration encouraging healthy, drug-free lifestyles.
- Reflections – Reflections is National PTA’s cultural arts program in which all students are encouraged to express their thoughts and feelings through the creative arts.
- Talent Show – Morse stars shine in our talent show.
- Yearbooks – Ordered yearbooks are distributed at the end of the school year and serve as a meaningful memento of students’ Morse Elementary experiences.